Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Elizabeth


I am a person who absolutely LOVES cameras! I love being in front of them as much as being behind them. Sometimes I wish I had a double of me to take photos of me with my family, horses, etc. Every now and then I meet people who absolutely HATE having their picture taken. That is where my job gets hard. How do I make my subjects relax, be themselves, be happy, comfortable, and get amazing shots? The answer: I wait, and wait, and wait, and wait until those moments happen and then I snap.

Elizabeth is such a beautiful girl. Even her pouty face makes my heart melt. I looked through her photos and smiled over and over BUT there was not that happy face that we needed to get for a 20 x 24 canvas to hang on the wall next to her three older sister's portraits. What did we do, we scheduled additional time on another day and at a different time of day. The result was tons of tears, "I don't want toos" and stomping the feet. Gina, Elizabeth's mother, and I just laughed and decided to just stop and let her play for a while. After about an hour of her playing and several smiles I told Gina to take her back along a wooded path and I would use my telephoto lens, hide behind the trees and act like paparazzi! IT WORKED! We got some of the cutest photos of Miss Elizabeth and now Gina can have a 20 x 24 canvas portrait of her baby girl with a happy smile on her face!

I don't make a moment happen for the perfect photo, I wait for that moment to come to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment