Saturday, November 15, 2014

Hope, Trust, Commitment and Future


Well, today my older brother is getting married. Last night while getting in bed we received a phone call that my uncle, who suffered a brain aneurysm about three years ago, had another brain bleed last night. He has made it through the night but has decided not to have surgery so at this point it is a matter of time, and my uncle has said he is ok with that.

Wedding days are supposed to be a symbol of hope, trust, commitment and future. Today I am reminded that sometimes the hope of being comforted is greater than the hope of more time, trust is something that you must find in your decisions and trust in God during all times. Commitment in life wears the soul down to a thin layer of peace, and that peace is what must carry us bravely to the next step. And future, we all have futures, after every milestone in our lives. We all have a future after death no matter what beliefs you hold. Either your soul will move to the next place of living or your name will be forever living on the tongues and hearts of your loved ones.

Today will be an emotional day for sure, especially for my father. As I watch my big brother get married, my father will come to terms that he will lose his big brother. In the moment of what is to be the happiest of times, our family might have to face it with a solemn heart; however, today will be filled with love and things that always bring us closer to our creator: hope, trust, commitment and future, but of course love (the greatest of all things.)



No comments:

Post a Comment